Saturday 4 July 2015

Stacking Bowties - up coming new class

I have three Stacking Bowtie classes scheduled this year and for each shop I have made samples using their fabrics where I can.

This class is all about learning to assemble the bowtie block into each corner of a background fabric to form a panel which you can then turn into a cushion or bag etc.

These are the samples just completed for Krazy Cow Quilt shop in Levin.  This class is scheduled for the 21st of November on their premises.  Contact Trish to book  krazycow@xtra.co.nz


class samples

Side one - notice variety of fabrics in each colour way. 
This adds interest.


This is side two of the same cushion.  I have used covered buttons to break the pink areas.
Decorative quilting or other stitching could be used instead of these to add interest..

 
Sawmillers Quiltery Te Marua, Upper Hutt.  This class is scheduled for the 3rd of October to be held on their premises.  Contact Yvonne to book sawmillersquiltery@gmail.com

With this cushion I have mixed the foreground and background fabrics/colours.
 
 
 
Wellington Sewing Services - class scheduled 18th July.  Two places still available.  Contact Lynette to book wssglen@xtra.co.nz
 


I have made this cushion for a friend.  It is European size which is much larger
 than my other class samples.  My squares have been cut larger as well.  I have added buttons to break up the background fabric.

This is a one day class and not just aimed at quilters.  Anyone who knows how to sew and has a sewing machine can attend this class.

Come and join me for something a little different (if you are local - Lower North Island, New Zealand).




1 comment:

Love to read your comment. Dont' be shy, please write me a few words. Shirls