Tuesday 6 January 2015

A little bit of fun with Safari Stud fabric

Who says craft fabric is just for quilting.  I have had fun making this dress this week for an upcoming dinner from fabric designed by Maria Kalinowski from Kanvas Studio.  The fabric is called Safari Stud.



The dress with a little bit of fringe at the bottom
Butterick 4386


The dress with matching Handbag (my own design)


The other side of my bag.

The sides of this bag are made using a technique I will be teaching this year in my Stacking Bow Ties class.  Its a technical, fiddly and requires patience.  I'm currently making a class sample which will be a cushion. Hope to post this at the end of this month.

Tip - going away on holiday this summer?  This is a great time to have your sewing machine serviced.

Happy stitching everyone. Shirls



1 comment:

Love to read your comment. Dont' be shy, please write me a few words. Shirls