Sunday 11 May 2014

French knitting

Yarn is Grignasco Strong print - 2ply
I have been having a bit of fun with French knitting.  Here are my first pieces.

Wendys Merino 4ply cowl

Awesome tool to quicken the French knitting process taking 1 hour and 10 minutes for this ball of wool
Felted brooch given to me from a friend holds my cowl together and adds interest.


I have used flower beads to help secure knitting tubes.





I didn't take into consideration my cowl reducing in size as I sewed the tubes together.  So if you are trying this method then add at least 2 inches (5 cm) when laying out.


19th May - I completed this item yesterday.  Montana yarn.  We have these French knitting makers in stock at Wellington Sewing Services.
 
I have remodelled my French knitted necklace into the above style today just for a change.
(16th August 2014). Sorry blog wont allow me to turn my photograph - but you get the idea.
Happy mothers day fellow crafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to read your comment. Dont' be shy, please write me a few words. Shirls