Saturday 27 July 2013

Taupo Symposium 2013


I've just arrived back from NZ's recent quilting symposium.  6 glorious days living and breathing quilting and what a feast for the eyes - here is some of the quilts.
Set Adrift by Sonya Prchal

I am from II by Wendy Ward

The comfort of Stitch by Lee-Ann Newton



Fifteen by Camilla Watson

Jenny Bowker




 Gloria Loughman

I had the opportunity to attend Gwen Marston's two day small studies class.  Here's my result


I've placed a pen in the photograph to show the scale and size of the pieces.
This is Gwen with one of her larger quilts at the exhibition.

A fantastic time.  If you are interested in attending New Zealand's next quilting symposium it will be held end of January 2015 in Palmerston North.
Sirls




1 comment:

  1. My Mum was at the Symposium that year - she'd gone all the way from the UK to NZ with her friend Kathleen. They spent some time exploring too.

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comment. Dont' be shy, please write me a few words. Shirls